Built in 1899 as the Presbyterian Church of the Covenant this church was designed by architects Gordon and Helliwell. The bold use of white Kingston limestone makes the building a significant landmark. In 1925 it became the Avenue Road United Church. Known as the Stone Church during the late 1930s it was taken over by the Church of the Nazarene in 1941 with Charles Templeton as preacher. The building was gutted by fire in 1944 but was later restored.
Designated under the Ontario Heritage Act Toronto Historical Board 1980